Here I am giving you an example of a Straight Body Shape.
You have a sharp, softened straight top and bottom half.
Your shape is the most closest to a rectangle which means you have narrower hips, flatter stomach and a smaller bust.
This is an easy body shape to dress – the idea is to mirror your shape. Every garment needs to be cut in a straight shape. Fabrics that are stiff, rigid without any stretch and movement work really well.
I am a cool summer, 5ft 5inches in height, my proportions are short legs, short waist and balanced shoulders. My aim is to look tall as possible with long legs, long waist and wider shoulders.
Look at this amazing dress I found in Reiss that ticks all the boxes:–
Why does this dress work?
1. The dress is my style preference – Classic, Dramatic
2. Perfect colour – cool, muted and light
3. The dress is cut in a straight shape
4. The fabric skims over my body beautifully with angular finishes
5. With wearing heels and the dress falling down to the floor – makes me look 6ft tall
6. Best thing ever – the dress was £195 and I bought it for £25!!
It is so easy when you know the rules, I never would have looked at this dress.
I love it!!